Customer Services Associate (Estimator/Job Planner, Customer Satisfaction)
Come work for an industry leader! Express Image, Inc. is a growing screen print, digital offset, large format digital and electronic/digital signage company doing business nationally and internationally. We work tirelessly to bring the industry's highest quality, most innovative products, thinking and education to our customers. Learn more about our company at www.expressimage.com! This position is responsible for negotiating substrate and miscellaneous materials pricing from various suppliers, estimating and job planning, including providing the highest level of customer satisfaction, in the most cost effective and timely way.
- Develop and maintain a positive, professional working relationship with customers (external as well as internal), coworkers and suppliers.
- Review incoming project specifications thoroughly, plan out the most cost effective and profitable way to produce the order and estimate costs accordingly.
- Formalize pricing and present either to internal sales team or directly to our customers via professionally formatted documentation.
- Demonstrate ability to generate accurate and detailed cost estimates, project quotes and subsequent production work orders to support company business initiatives.
- Provide as much or more detail than one might think production will need to accurately and efficiently perform the job functions they are accountable and responsible for. It is clearly a function of job planning to provide said detail and information and if it is not possible to convey all information needed on the system generated documents, it is incumbent of the job planner to generate the necessary spreadsheet, include an imposition sketch or type up an instructional Word document with said work order to properly relay the needed information
- Exhibit the knowledge, leadership and management skills necessary to direct internal production teams through the manufacturing process to successfully complete print, fabrication, packaging and technology projects on time and in a profitable manner.
- Insure that all materials are either confirmed to be on hand, procured either by the job planner themselves or by company purchasing agents so the job flows through production and ships out without any interruptions or delays. This includes but is not limited to ordering custom cartons if we do not have sufficient materials on hand as well as working with internal customers to outsource services we may need help with to process said orders
- Maintain a good working relationship and increase partner relationship with company suppliers.
- High School diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) preferred - College degree desired.
- 3-5 years estimating, job planning, purchasing experience, preferably in a screen print and/or large format digital print environment serving the retail and/or point of purchase industry.
- History of strong negotiation skills in dealing assertively and with a sense of urgency with external customers, internal customers and suppliers.
- Solid understanding of the substrates, materials and processes needed to support company product/service offerings.
- Excellent communication/organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with the pressure of time constraints and deadlines.
- Analytical skills.
- Specific experience with screen/digital print materials. Knowledge of screen/digital print process and related finishing operations is desired.
- Must be aware of product sourcing, favorable pricing and new product developments.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.